It was 20 degrees (Celsius) in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) so I was craving something light and refreshing! If I drank alcohol I would have indulged on some margaritas, but since I do not, this was the next best thing! This smoothie is so refreshing and made it feel like summer. I always have Goji Berries on hand and I sure do not use them enough; I always forget what a powerhouse of nutrients they are.
Why you should be adding goji berries to your diet:
- Rich source of antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Super high in Vitamin A and C, they contain 500 times more vitamin C than an orange.
- Also contain; 11 essential vitamins and 22 trace minerals, including 24 percent of our RDI of potassium, 18 percent of our RDI of zinc and a whopping 100 percent of our RDI of iron, copper and riboflavin. They also contain 8 polysaccharides, a primary source of dietary fiber.
- One serving of dried goji berries has 4 grams of protein
To learn more about the amazing nutritional benefits, click here.
The lime in this smoothie pairs perfectly with Goji Berries, Pineapple and Strawberries! And again, I had to add an extra boost of vitamin C so I threw in some Camu Camu Berry Powder; it just seemed right.
Enjoy this smoothie on a nice hot summer day or spring afternoon, you will love it!
- 1/4 cup dried Goji Berries
- 1/2 cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 Lime Peeled
- 1 teaspoon Camu Berry Powder
- Enough coconut water to cover all ingredients in blender.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.