This smoothie recipe is part of my morning ritual. Having a green smoothie in the morning not only helps alkalize my body but gives me the energy to start my day! Did you know that chlorella and cilantro consumed together act as a heavy metal chelator?
When I was going through laser tattoo removal (that’s a story for another time) I was feeling awful, so when I did some research on the process I found out the laser blasts the ink molecules into tiny particles, and then is removed from your body through your lymphatic system. What?!! I eat so clean but then I’m slowly poisoning myself because of a stupid mistake. I found some cases online of people having heavy metal poisoning symptoms while going through tattoo removal and I had MOST of the symptoms! I started looking at chelation therapy through a naturopath but could not afford the expense, then found out about the magical powers of chlorella and cilantro!
- Clinical studies have shown that heavy metal chelation with chlorella and cilantro can remove an average of 87% lead, 91% of mercury, and 74% aluminum within 42 days!
- Cilantro is best used in conjunction with chlorella because it mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places. This can cause retoxificaiton if another binding agent isn’t used to help rid the body of the heavy metals that are ‘found’ in their hiding places throughout the body.
For more information on how this works, click here.
I started drinking this smoothie right away and did so during my entire tattoo removal treatment. I started feeling a lot better after a month and the symptoms disappeared after that. I was able to solve the issue with food, and this experience reminded me just how powerful herbs and superfoods are. I hope this recipe helps you as much as it helped me!
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 green apple or pear
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 large handful of kale
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- 2 dates pitted
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chlorella
- 2 cups coconut water depending on desired consistency
Throw all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!