Today I am going to share with you my three favorite juice recipes! These recipes are super easy to make and full of nutrients to feed your body. Juicing is one my favorite things to do, I usually make three mason jars full of juice on Sunday which will last me until Wednesday.
People always ask me; “Isn’t juicing bad because it removes all the fiber from the fruits and vegetables?” That is the difference between smoothies and juices; when you drink juice, your body isn’t having to digest the fiber to reach all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables. Nutrients from juice are delivered directly to your system, juicing is another way for your body to receive large doses of micro-nutrients at once, kind of like a full-dose vitamin shot!
If you are new to juicing, I would recommend adding a higher fruit to vegetable ratio to start, then slowly start adding more veggies. I started with a Centrifugal juicer (I had the Breville Juice Fountain Elite) because it is quicker and easier to clean. I have since upgraded to a slow masticating juicer (Omega VRT400HD). A slow juicer will break down fruit and vegetables by crushing it, creating a more nutrient-dense juice which lasts longer in the fridge, up to 72 hours.
My three favorite juices are:
- Cold Flu Buster – Immune boosting juice containing carrots, apples, ginger and lemon. Ginger is one of the world’s healthiest foods; here are just some the of the benefits:
- Has a warming effect and stimulates circulation.
- Inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
- Inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea.
- Reduces pain and inflammation.
- In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
- It may prevent stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
Green Alkalizer – This juice is full of greens and lemons which will help PH Balance acidity. Why is it important for your body PH to be alkaline? If we don’t eat enough alkaline-forming foods, our body is in an acidic state and will work to try to bring our blood back to a PH balance by pulling minerals from our bones, teeth and organs. This can have a negative effect on our immune system, causing fatigue and creating the perfect environment to harbor illness and disease.
- Liver Cleanser – The important ingredient in this recipe is Beets! Beets are such an amazing super food!
- Beet juice has an anti-oxidant called betaine, this substance encourages the liver cells to get rid of toxins and acts to defend the liver and bile ducts. You can read more about this by clicking on this link: http://www.naturalnews.com/033025_beets_liver_function.html#ixzz3Vt0YyFoH
- 6 large carrots
- 4 gala apples
- 1/2 large lemon
- 1 Thumb of ginger
- 2 green apples
- 1 pear
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 big handfuls of kale
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 large beet
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1/2 lemon
Prep ingredients as per your juicer's instructions, for each juice; place each ingredient in your juicer.
If you like less pulp, strain the juice.
Put leftover juice in mason jars and place in the fridge.