Hey everyone… so Day 4, woo hoo! So proud of myself! I still feel great, light, clear-headed and energetic. I ate some fruit today; a banana and a gala apple. I made two awesome juices and finally juiced an ingredient I think you all will love because it is so crazy healthy; dandelion greens!
Yes, they were not only put on this earth to frustrate gardeners, but to also nourish our bodies. Dandelion greens taste really bitter so I added grapefruit to the juice to mask the bitterness. There are so many reasons why everyone should add dandelion greens to their diet.
Top reasons to add Dandelion greens to your diet:
- Helps fight cancer
- Boosts immunity
- Builds bones, teeth and blood
- Stimulates production of bile enabling better function of the liver
- cleanse the gallbladder
- Key minerals include: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese
- Key vitamins include: vitamin C, vitamin B, and vitamin E
- Phytochemicals include: beta-carotene and chlorophyll
I also made another beet juice because you can never get enough beets and it is one of my favorites! Beet juice is one of the most nutrient dense juices available. It is also important to juice beet greens because they contain more nutrients than the beet itself.
Top reasons to add Beet Juice to your diet:
- Contains a form of iron absorbed easily into the blood
- Eases menopause symptoms
- Strengthens the immune system
- Detoxifies the kidneys, liver, and gallbladder
This is the last day for cleansing, I need to get back to creating amazing healthy recipes for you all! Thank you for joining me on this journey! 🙂
- 2 large grapefruit
- 2 green apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 large handful of dandelion greens
- 4 gala apples
- 4 carrots
- 1 large beet
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch piece of ginger
For each juice follow the instructions of your juicer.
I have an Omega 400HD VRT so I wash, peel citrus and cut all my produce into small pieces.
Once put through the juicer, strain with a fine mesh strainer.
Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for 72 hours.