I am loving salads now, probably because it’s finally summer and there is so much fresh produce available! I think I have a grocery shopping addiction… I can’t help myself, every time I’m in the store there is so much fresh produce, I must have it all! Not to mention, the outdoor farmer’s market is up and running again so I have to hit that up to! Oh well, thank goodness I eat it all.
I don’t like boring salads, an appetizing salad has texture and a variety of color and this salad sure does! I love to mix my greens; this salad has a blend of arugula and mixed greens and would also pair well with romaine lettuce. I take the time to Julienne carrots, spiralize zucchini and dice red pepper but you can slice your veggies however you want. When plating the salad I like to place the zucchini noodles on the plate first (they are hard to see in this pic, but they are there) and place the salad on top of the noodles.
Lemon tahini dressing is one of my favorite dressings; it is creamy, light and tangy, and pairs really well with the vegetables in this salad.
I also love radishes now; I was reading the amazing health benefits of radishes the other day and had no idea they were such a super food!
Reasons You Should Add Radishes to Your Diet:
- Naturally cooling by decreasing excess heat in the body.
- Sooth sore throats by eliminating excess mucus.
- Aids in digestion by helping to break down and eliminate stagnant food and toxins built up over time.
- Prevents viral infections because of their high vitamin C.
- Help break down and eliminate toxins and cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
- have a calming effect on the digestive system and can help relieve bloating and indigestion.
- Keep you hydrated with a high water content.
To read more about the health benefits of radishes click here.
I hope you try this amazing salad recipe and enjoy this as much as I did.
- 1 big handful of Arugula chopped
- 1 big handful mixed greens chopped
- 1/2 zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 red pepper small diced
- 1 carrot Julienne
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- dash of salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined,
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add two tablespoons of lemon tahini dressing and toss until evenly coated.