The only thing I like about summer ending is fall recipes start taking over! This recipe has fall written all over it; made with organic gala apples and walnuts yum!! I love the combination of apples and walnuts, last year around this time I made this amazing raw vegan Deep Dish Apple Torte with Walnut Crumble.
I love Chia Pudding, probably because when I eat it I know I’m feeding my body super nutrition! Chia Seeds are actually a COMPLETE PROTEIN, which means it contains all essential protein-forming amino acids!
1 ounce of chia seeds contain the following nutrition:
- Dietary fiber (11g – 42% recommended daily value)
- Protein (4.4g – 9% RDV)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (4915 mg)
- Omega-6 fatty acids (1620 mg)
- Calcium (77 mg – 18% RDV)
- Copper (0.1 mg – 3% RDV)
- Phosphorus (265 mg – 27% RDV)
- Potassium (44.8 mg – 1% RDV)
- Zinc (1.0 mg – 7% RDV)
Read more about health benefits of Chia Seeds here.
This is one my favorite chia pudding recipes I have made; the combination of apple spice in the chia seed pudding paired with apple sauce is the perfect combination! You can also eat the extra apple sauce on it’s own or as a topping on fruit salad, yum! Enjoy this recipe and Happy Fall!
Apple Pie Chia Pudding Parfait
- Whisk together almond milk, coconut nectar, vanilla bean powder and apple spice in a large bowl until combined.
- Add chia seeds and mix well.
- Let sit in the fridge uncovered overnight.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until almost a paste forms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Layer a parfait glass with chia pudding, apple sauce and top with chopped pecans.
4 tablespoons ground cinnamon.
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg.
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice.
1 teaspoon ground ginger.
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom.