I was dying to use my new silicone cupcake/cheesecake mold! I have had it for a while now and still have not used it so when a potluck came up at work I just had to use them! I also just received some new flavor extracts: butterscotch and caramel so I had to try them out!
I wanted to experiment with making a nut free crust, and this oat, raisin crust did just the trick! I love nut crusts but I do find when you have such a nut heavy recipe like a raw cheesecake it’s nice to balance it.
The butterscotch caramel tasted divine in this recipe!! I let it cool in the fridge for a while and then piped it onto the crust before pouring the cheesecake mixture over top. You can even add it on top like icing if you want! I decided to garnish these with chocolate sauce and rose petals and they turned out beautiful!
Everyone at worked just loved them, I know my co-workers are spoiled!! 🙂 Try this recipe you will love it!!
Butterscotch Caramel Cheesecakes with Chocolate Drizzle
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough ball forms, (this could take a few minutes).
- You will require a silicone mold or muffin tray with 12 molds. If you use a muffin tin, line with saran wrap or parchment paper.
- Take approximately a tablespoon of dough and roll it in your hands until a ball forms.
- Press the dough in the bottom of the mold firmly until even.
- Repeat for the rest and place the mold or muffin tin in the freezer to set while making the caramel.
- Soak the dates for approximately 1/2 hour and remove the pits.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed for blending.
- Remove crusts from freezer, scoop the caramel into a piping bag with a medium tip and pipe caramel in the middle of each crust. Or you can use a spoon and dopple (is this even a word?) it in, but using a piping bag is easier.
- Place back in freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
- Soak, drain and rinse cashews. (soaking time - 4 hours)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender except coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth and pour the coconut oil in last while on low speed to emulsify.
- Remove cheesecakes from freezer, pour cheesecake mixture in each mold filling right to the top.
- Place in freezer overnight or for 8 hours.
- Remove cheesecakes carefully from molds and place in the fridge while making chocolate sauce.
- Get my chocolate sauce recipe in my post for Easy Raw Vegan Chocolate.
- Garnish cheesecakes how you like; I used chocolate sauce, rose petals and cacao nibs. You can be creative and add candied nuts, buckwheat, or more caramel!