Completely plant-based and gluten-free coconut bacon is packed full of nutrients! This chili coconut bacon recipe is really easy and only requires a dehydrator.
Once dehydrated these are super crunchy and they soak up all the flavor providing a nutritious, flavor snack. If you have never had coconut “bacon” before you have to try it!
You will love this recipe!
I also posted this recipe on Pure Joy Planet
Chili Coconut Bacon
- 6 cups large coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- Place coconut in a large mixing bowl, cover with water and soak for 1 hour.
- Strain coconut, add rest of ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Place on a lined dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 115 for 4 hours until dry enough to flip onto mesh tray.
- Continue to dehydrate for 12 to 24 until completely dry.
- Remove from dehydrator and place in freezer in open container for 10 minutes.
- Seal container and store in freezer for optimum crunch.