Yes, these are Vegan and Gluten-free; like all my recipes I post on here 🙂 My posts are seeing a trend with desserts; I’ll admit they are my favorite dish to create and eat!
A perfect summer treat! These Chocolate Banana Cream Tarts turned out amazing; they are light, not too sweet and so flavorful! The toasted coconut adds a delectable crunch to the texture with the creamy filling and coconut cream. I know… another recipe with coconut cream, but I can’t help myself it is sooooo good!!! You can find the recipe for the coconut cream here.
This recipe is really easy; all you need is a food processor, blender, tart pans and a freezer! You can also use a 8 x 8 tart pan. This recipe makes 6 small tarts (2.5″ x 2″).
I absolutely love bananas but unfortunately they get a bad rap. I eat on average 4 bananas a day; most people would not approve, but come on people; I’m not eating a burger with fries and washing it down with a can of pop, right! Bananas are actually healthy for you and packed full of nutrition.
Reasons Why Bananas Are Actually Healthy For You:
- Contain a high amount of tryptophan which helps with depression because tryptophan is converted into serotonin
- Improves mood and relieves PMS symptoms
- Rich in pectin aiding in digestion and chelating heavy metals and toxins from the body
- High in potassium
- Stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel
- Natural antacid
- High in fiber
- High in antioxidants
- Contain high level of B-Vitamins and magnesium
Read more about the health benefits of bananas here.
Chocolate Banana Cream Tarts
- Soak and pit the dates.
- Place the walnuts, coconut and salt in the food processor and blend until mixed but still chunky.
- Place the dates into the food processor and mix until combined and a dough consistency is achieved.
- Press crust mixture into tart tins lined with plastic wrap.
- Place tart tins into the freezer to set.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove tart tins from the freezer and fill with chocolate banana cream filling.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and bananas, enjoy!
I have posted a link in this blog post for the coconut whipped cream recipe.