This Gluten-Free Onion Herb Flatbread is raw, vegan, and grain-free and one of my all time favorite recipes! When I started eating high-raw and gluten-free I missed bread and crackers because I associated those with comfort foods and this hits the spot!
Super simple to make, you can use it for sandwiches, dip in spreads, or serve with salads. The onion creates a sweet flavor and herbs round it all together.
If you don’t have a dehydrator you can bake it at 250 degrees F for 20 – 30 minutes.
If you are trying to cut out processed bread, excess sugar, gluten, or other unhealthy foods, this is a delicious gluten-free alternative. You won’t feel guilty about snacking on this healthy onion herb flatbread.
I also posted this recipe on Pure Joy Planet
Gluten-Free Onion Herb Flatbread
- Blend sunflower seeds, 1 onion, zucchini, garlic and coconut aminos in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour batter into a large bowl and add sliced onion, ground flax and herbs and mix until well combined.
- Spread onto 1 lined dehydrator tray edge to edge and dehydrate at 115F for 3 - 5 hours.
- Flip onto a mesh dehydrator tray and dehydrate for an additional 8 - 12 hours.
- Once dry and cooled, place onto a cutting board and slice into even 4” squares and then diagonals.
- Storage: Sealed container in fridge for 1 week.