Mexican Cauliflower Rice… who knew cauliflower rice could taste so good! Cauliflower rice is a staple in my diet, I make it almost every week. I love adding it to salads, throw it in a wrap, or have it as a side. I get bored easily with having the same thing all the time so I like to switch up the spices and decided to give this one a Mexican flare! Mexican food is one of my favorites so it was no surprise I fell in love with this recipe!
Cauliflower is on the list of superfoods and contains quite a few health benefits. Just one cup of cauliflower contains:
- 29 calories
- Close to zero grams of fat, sodium, or sugar
- 73% daily value (DV) of Vitamin C
- 19% DV of Vitamin K
- 15% DV of folate14%
- 13% DV of pantothenic acid
- 12% DV of Vitamin B6
- 11% DV of choline
- 11% DV of fiber
- 9% DV of Omega-3 fatty acids
Read more about the health benefits here.
This dish was so easy and quick to make! What an excellent alternative to rice, especially for those following the Paleo diet, this is perfect! The rice is made with cauliflower pulsed only a few times in the food processor until you get rice consistency. Add the spices with the cauliflower to the food processor and then stir in chopped cilantro, tomato and onions. This dish can be so diverse; used as a side, main dish, added to a wrap… I’m sure there are many more options! I made enough for two main dish servings so I had dinner for two nights. Be creative and add your own taste to it, there are so many possibilities with this dish. Enjoy it as much as I did!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin depending on size of cauliflower head
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 large tomato diced
- 3/4 red onion diced
- 1 big handful of cilantro chopped
- 3 sprigs of green onion chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Place the cauliflower, cumin, salt and chili powder in the food processor.
- Pulse until a rice consistency is reached.
- Place cauliflower rice into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and carefully fold in ingredients until combined.