I know what you are thinking; another pumpkin recipe! I just cannot help myself, and before you know it, pumpkin season will be over! 🙁
These healthy snacks are super easy to make and you can be creative with the toppings. I used boxed pumpkin purée for this recipe but you can use fresh or canned pumpkin purée.
These are like a breakfast, snack and dessert all in one! I didn’t really know what to call them… energy bites, pumpkin bites, I don’t know… pumpkin bliss balls it is!
I decided to roll them in raw cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds and crushed pecans. Crushed walnuts. shredded coconut, maca powder or cacao powder would also be lovely!
Sorry for the short post, I am really busy this week and I could not wait to share this recipe with you all! ENJOY!
Pumpkin Bliss Balls
For the Balls
For the Balls
- Process oats in a food processor until they form a chunky flour and set aside in a bowl.
- Place dates in the food processor and process until they form a dough.
- Pour oat flour back into the food processor with the dates along with all the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until a dough forms. (One big ball should form)
- Remove dough and place into a bowl.
For the Toppings
- Process all toppings separately in a mini food processor until small chunks remain. You can also put them in ziploc bags and crush them with something heavy (I use a mason jar, carefully).
- Place ingredients into separate bowls or a small shallow plate.
- Take approximately 2 teaspoons of dough and form into a ball using your hands.
- Coat each ball in your toppings of choice until all are coated.
- Place pumpkin bliss balls in the fridge for 1/2 hour or enjoy right away!