Simple Pickled Cabbage Recipe! This recipe is so easy and doesn’t require a lot of time or fancy equipment.
I love Mexican cuisine, it’s one of my favorites, which means I love tacos. I find raw, vegan tacos so much better than cooked ones. There are so many different flavors and textures you can incorporate.
I collaborated with 6 other chefs this year to offer the 7 Days 7 Chefs Meal Plan and each of us provide a full days worth of recipes. Breakfast, snack, lunch dinner and dessert.
Naturally I had to come up with a taco recipe and this one hit it out of the park. It’s become a fan favorite amongst the chefs and participants.
The raw, vegan and gluten-free taco recipe includes:
- Fresh jicama taco base
- Avocado mash
- Sunflower taco “meat”
- Pineapple salsa
- Pickled cabbage
- Hemp Queso
I thought I’d share the pickled cabbage recipe with you all because it’s so versatile and can be used on so many dishes.
To learn more about the meal plan and get the full recipe you can check out more information here.
Enjoy this recipe and if you happen to make it, please post a pic in the Facebook Group – Chefs of Crystal Dawn Culinary.
Simple Pickled Cabbage
- Mandolin, 1-Liter Mason Jar
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tbsp pickling spice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients in a large 1-liter mason jar, seal with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Place jar in fridge for min. 8 hours.
- Will keep in fridge for 5 to 7 days