Who likes truffles, truffles made with figs and rolled in superfoods? Well, these are more like raw energy bites but hey, who am I to stereotype lol! These are so easy to make, super delicious and will melt in your mouth!
[widgets_on_pages id=”Blog Posts”]
All you require for this recipe is a food processor, willingness to get your hands dirty and an imagination! Be creative with your superfood toppings; I chose Goji Berry Powder, crushed pistachios, Maqui Berry Powder, shredded coconut and maca powder. To crush the pistachios the easy way is process shelled pistachios in a mini food processor until they form almost a powder. Other toppings can include raw cacao powder, cacao nibs, camu berry powder or pomegranate powder; the options are endless!
Look how beautiful and colorful these are, and pack a nutritional punch! Figs fall in the category of the World’s Healthiest Foods, here are just a few nutritional benefits figs have to offer:
- Lower High Blood Pressure due to high amount of potassium
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Cardiovascular effects
- Protect against Macular Degeneration
Learn more here.
Have fun making these yummy delicious treats!
Superfood Fig Truffles
- Soak dates and black mission figs for about 20 minutes and remove the pits from the dates.
- Place almonds, walnuts, mesquite powder, carob powder and salt in the food processor and process until combined but still chunky.
- Remove mixture, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the figs, dates and vanilla in the food processor and process until combined.
- Slowly add the nut mixture back in the food process until thoroughly combined and a dough forms.
- Last, add the coconut manna and process until combined.
- Place truffle toppings in separate bowls.
- Take one tablespoon of batter and roll in your hands until a ball forms.
- Roll truffle in your topping of choice until evenly coated.
- Place on parchment paper and repeat until all the batter is used.