Gluten-Free Onion Herb Flatbread
Raw, plant-based, gluten-free dehydrated onion bread
- 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked and rinsed
- 2 large white onions 1 chopped, 1 sliced very thin on a mandolin
- 2 cups fresh herbs (I used cilantro, parsley, green onion)
- 1 medium green zucchini peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup golden flax seed ground
Blend sunflower seeds, 1 onion, zucchini, garlic and coconut aminos in a high-speed blender until smooth.
Pour batter into a large bowl and add sliced onion, ground flax and herbs and mix until well combined.
Spread onto 1 lined dehydrator tray edge to edge and dehydrate at 115F for 3 - 5 hours.
Flip onto a mesh dehydrator tray and dehydrate for an additional 8 - 12 hours.
Once dry and cooled, place onto a cutting board and slice into even 4” squares and then diagonals.
Storage: Sealed container in fridge for 1 week.